Albert Heijn is a Dutch supermarket chain. The first time I got in contact with it was when I moved to Rotterdam. I was staying at a friend's house, desperately trying to find an affordable place to move in. After numerous tiring visits to crammed, depressive shared houses, I finally found a suitable one. So I decided to celebrate and also to thank her by buying a bottle of Prosecco. Following my friend's verbal directions, I turned right, then right again, passed the roundabout and finally found it. I remember being stuck in front of the main entrance for what felt like ages, because my brain could not reach a consensus with its visual identity. I simply did not know that logo at all.

This was the starting point of my fascination with the Albert Heijn's logo and the supermarket in general. I went from rethinking it through my body to making my own version of it, to relocating a shop, taking on the role of an AH employee and so on. You can see some documentation of it all below.